The Anova Precision Cooker is one of a whole new crop of high-quality and inexpensive sous vide immersion circulators. Devices like these have made sous vide cooking accessible to home cooks. For those who are looking for a great and inexpensive way to try this precision cooking method, the Anova Precision Cooker is a great choice.
- Temperature range of 77℉ and 210℉
- Mobile app with device control and recipes
- Adjustable clamp for large and small containers
- 360° directional pump
- 900 watt heating element
- WIFI connectivity for the mobile app
- As of April 2017, will allow voice control with Amazon Echo and Google Home
- Costs $199
- 800 watt heating element
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Costs $149
The only reason to buy the WIFI model is if you want to start the precision cooker from the mobile app while you are away from home. WIFI connectivity allows you to connect to your precision cooker anywhere you get internet. But that means you need to be comfortable with storing your food in the water until you start the cooker. Otherwise, go for the bluetooth model. You save $50 and get nearly the same device.